The fishing here in February has been top notch thus far. Large tarpon have been moving in at night on the east end of Tortola and have been feeding aggressively. While temperatures drop to the north, the weather here has remained wonderful as usual. If you need a getaway for the winter and want to catch big fish, this is the place to be right now. Enjoy the report!
Two men illegally fishing for mud crabs off North Sentinel Island dropped anchor, and probably a few bottles of whiskey, for the night. Unfortunatly for them the current still managed to bring them in land on a small island that’s home to the last known pre-Neolithic tribe in the world. Fellow fishermen yelled, trying to alert their companions about the impending danger, but failed.
The Indian coast guard has tried to recover the bodies of these unfortunate fishermen, but all attempts have been met with near-naked tribesmen firing arrows at their helicopter. However, the downdraught from the helicopter uncovered the men buried in shallow graves which at least puts a local rumour that they were roasted and eaten to rest.
Look on the brightside, at least you weren’t killed by flying shrimp.
The last week of fishing has been very good here in Tortola. I have been able to put a little more time into my efforts and I have been getting results. The weather is pleasantly cool these days, about par for this time of year. The month of January ended with two tarpon, and so far February promises to be much more productive. I spent several hours fishing last night and hooked into a lot of fish but only managed to land one. It was a beauty… (more)
- Canadian shark – The Underwater Times reports that a Quebec woman catches large rare rare shark while ice fishing.
- New Zealand shark – According to TVNZ, a huge six metre long great white shark has been sighted off the coast of Taranaki.
- China tragedy - Xinhuanet.com reports that a fishing boat caught fire on the Yellow Sea.
- 100 days on a raft – Where do I sign up for this? “The greatest fishing trip
- Weird catch – Bass fishing pro, Steve Daniel, reveals his weirdest catch at bassresource.com.
- Scary catch – The Sun Times repports that two teens have discovered a human head in the water while fishing in Florida.
- Table manners – The Underwater Times report that a dog trainer has been teaching sharks new feeding behavior.
- Pink dolphins – Traveling to Hong Kong? According to CNN, it is one of the best places in the world to see the rare pink dolphin.