If you live in the good ole US of A and have never been fishing, give it a try on National fishing day! On Saturday, September 27, 2008, there will be several events held around the country to promote fishing and hunting.
- More than 64 million Americans hunt and fish.
- More than 44 million Americans six years of age and older enjoy fishing every year.
- Americans fish 557 million days per year.
- An average angler spends $1,046 every year on the sport.
- Over one quarter of all anglers are female.