PDA

View Full Version : 100 Bucks of Musky Stuff from BPS

jwm
06-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Getting ready for musky opener this weekend so I picked up some extra gear. This small pile of lure cost 107 dollars. They didn't have everything I wanted, or just not in the right colour. But I also picked up a few lures I haven't tried before. Wish me luck!

Woody
06-05-2009, 04:11 AM
I hope you get a nice return at the weekend for your investment! :smile:

pierre
06-05-2009, 04:54 AM
best luck for this week end
I'm quite curious about the action of the glidn'rap.

Clive
06-05-2009, 07:13 AM
nice haul!

Pierre: they have a sample on their site:

http://www.rapala.com/products/luresdetail.cfm?modelName=glidin_rap&freshorsalt=Both

cbiegel
06-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Those big crank baits are always a killer on the wallet. I almost donít like to use them in case I lose one.

Good luck on the opener!

Clive
06-05-2009, 11:35 AM
I'll send a couple of my secret weapons for musky on Scugog this weekend!

jwm
06-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Those big crank baits are always a killer on the wallet. I almost donít like to use them in case I lose one.

Good luck on the opener!

Surprisingly those Rapala's are only about 10 bucks each. Those two spinnerbaits actually cost just as much or more!

szomo.ca
06-05-2009, 01:32 PM
NICE !!!

I've got a good feeling on those bass magics ! you got the biggest ones right ? did you also get the right swimbait hooks ? might make your life easier , the 7 - 8/0 should be perfect ! with anything over a quarter ounce ... remember to juice up too in those hollow bellies ... careful though with the more pasty stuff me n you were using on the islands ... cause when i put that into the tail of the bait it messes up the action ... something more liquid would be perfect !

lemme know how you do ! super excited for you man ! ... it'll be a good ole fishing fury special

jwm
06-05-2009, 01:42 PM
NICE !!!

I've got a good feeling on those bass magics ! you got the biggest ones right ? did you also get the right swimbait hooks ? might make your life easier , the 7 - 8/0 should be perfect ! with anything over a quarter ounce ... remember to juice up too in those hollow bellies ... careful though with the more pasty stuff me n you were using on the islands ... cause when i put that into the tail of the bait it messes up the action ... something more liquid would be perfect !

lemme know how you do ! super excited for you man ! ... it'll be a good ole fishing fury special

Yea I got the biggest ones, but no I forgot to pick up the swimbait hooks. I still have the one you gave me however it's probably too short. I also dont have any "juice" to put in them.

Master Basser
06-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Hope it`s going well up there for you...I am sending good energy!

pierre
06-10-2009, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the information
They looks quite attractive
It could be complemntary to the wander(lucky craft)and the blues code(maria) and the price is great.
I'll give it a try as soon as i found fish to catch.

MuskyBill
06-12-2009, 12:54 AM
I can dig those Glidin'Rap, love the action. Is there any rattles inside?

jwm
06-12-2009, 05:29 PM
I can dig those Glidin'Rap, love the action. Is there any rattles inside?

Not sure actually, at first guess I would say no.. But then why the hell would they not, right?

Clive
06-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Definetly no rattles, but Rapala did release this one with rattles this year...its smaller though.

http://img.tacklewarehouse.com/ProductImages/RCRAP-CLN.JPG

http://www.rapala.com/products/luresdetail.cfm?modelName=clackin_rap&freshorsalt=Fresh