PDA

View Full Version : Registration Changes

jwm
02-05-2013, 02:54 PM
We've received a lot of complaints about the spam detection system we use for registrations. Most of the complaints come from actual people that are blocked, and I've had to spend a lot of time recently deleting spam accounts. To remedy the issue we've deleted all accounts with zero posts, added two new (required) fishing related profile fields, and all new registrations will be human moderated before they're allowed to post.

If you have any problems please let us know, we always like to hear from our visitors. [email protected]

jwm
03-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Since making these changes and moderating all new accounts we've seen an uptick in the number of valid users registering. So I guess it's working well!

blairwelsh
03-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Since making these changes and moderating all new accounts we've seen an uptick in the number of valid users registering. So I guess it's working well!

Sometimes ... "Less is More" (QUALITY over QUANTITY)

Fishing Fury is the ONLY SITE on the entire web that has kept it's unique LOOK & STYLE.
All the "other" local (Ontario based - "anyway") sites have gone to the Exact same format.

It's like opening the same box of Generic Cereal. So ... blaise.

FISHING FURY ROCKS!