PDA

View Full Version : iCast 2009 Trend for Tackle

szomo.ca
07-17-2009, 10:30 AM
This year it looks like the big following has been taking hard plastic baits and creating softplastic versions ..

The offerings have been softplastic versions of the lipless crankbait , a softplastic zara spook !

Basically this allows them to be fished weedlessly aswell as offer more lifelike motion to the bait. This also allows manufacturers to provide more cost effective solutions at both ends of the spectrum ...

We all dread paying $20 + for a single plug , which is not weedless and could be alot less lifelike ...

I'm sure fury will be all over the final products , theres some interesting stuff out there !

Clive
07-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Yeah, they're pulling out some great looking lures. My question is, why did it take so long, plastics have been around for ages!

jwm
07-17-2009, 03:12 PM
My question is this, and its always my first question regarding any plastic bait.. Is it biodegradable? :diablo:

cbiegel
07-17-2009, 04:09 PM
And are you going to have to throw it out after a couple of fish? I like soft baits but if you are fishing for something with teeth they can get beat up very quickly

Clive
07-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Yeah, the onyl real downfall of the bidegradable baits is that they are essentially 1 use. They are tough to store and keep otherwise.

That and the fact that all of them come in PLASTIC containers.

szomo.ca
07-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Fishbelly actually makes biodegradable soft plastics , and they actually dont have to be stored in special containers , packs or anything like that ... They also dont dry up which is a big step forward in providing a happy median for both sides ..