PDA

View Full Version : still having trouble

Master Basser
08-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Hey guys, I am still having trouble getting to FF, sometimes takes me 3 or 4 times before I get in, and leaving is never an option, it just doesn`t let me go?? is the problem on my end, is there something I should have checked off in my internet options, or is this your problem?

Fhernando
08-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Same problem here. At first I thought that is was a browser problem, but trying with Firefox the problem was the same. I tried logging out and typing a new URL to visit but it lags as well. Closing and reopening a new window is the only way out.

Cheers,

jwm
08-27-2009, 01:29 PM
That is bizarre, I haven't had any issues since we moved to the new server. Does the problem happen on the blog or forums, or both? Can you let me know what browsers you're using and on what platform (operating system), I will try to duplicate the issue. Also if you have any fancy browser plugins installed let me know.

Thanks!

Whopper
08-27-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm running Modzilla Firefox and haven't had the first problem since I've joined

Master Basser
08-28-2009, 10:27 AM
I am running IE 7 with windows xp, no funny plugins here, I run it clean

KenReece
08-28-2009, 11:12 AM
I use IE 7(might be 8 now) on XP from home and I've never had any issues? I use mostly Mac's at work(Safari/moz) and never had a problem here either.

Clive
08-28-2009, 11:38 AM
I've tried it in a few browsers without issue - maybe the old site is still cached for you?

jwm
09-09-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm noticing some weird issues with IE7 and the front page of fishingfury.com, not the category or post pages. Im not sure if this is accurate because I'm running IE in a virtual environment (server 2k3) and I've never used it before. I also probably don't have any patches installed, but it seems to crash my browser almost entirely.. The front page loads to the sponsor at the bottom of the posts, right before the tag cloud, and then stops completely. After that all pages I try fishingfury or not, claim 'this page cannot be displayed'.

Is this similar to the issues other people are having?

Master Basser
09-10-2009, 12:17 PM
yes this is it, I hafta close the browser or open a new tab before I can go to another page.

jwm
09-11-2009, 01:16 AM
I found it! The bug is exclusive to IE7 and possibly lower, I don't think IE8 was effected.. The problem was an interaction between the lightbox (the photo zoom popup) and the sponsors system, both use javascript. The libraries I use for this are quite standard on the internet, many sites use them, I'm surprised that there was such an interaction like this.

Lightbox is disabled for now until I can find away to prevent IE users from getting the lightbox libraries.