PDA

View Full Version : Any right handed musky fisherman out there?

jwm
02-22-2009, 06:26 PM
I have a great Pete Maina musky reel with a right hand side crank that I'm looking to sell/trade. I originally purchased it when I hurt my right hand and didn't know if my grip strength was going to recover enough to handle the northern pike at Little Vermilion. I'd love to trade it for the exact same model with the crank on the other side. It's pre-spooled with 65# power pro and I've got the box, hardware, extra handle, etc.

http://catchthefury.com/img/photos/normal/011.jpg

Master Basser
03-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Don`t have a reel for you, but was wondering what happened to your hand?? I also had a right hand injury, and have found fishing really great for therapy for the hand...did you find the same?? Thats why I get too fish soo much, unable to work so I fish!

MuskyBill
03-19-2009, 06:38 AM
Jon, I'm not 100% on this, but methinks the Maina reel only comes with a right-hand crank.

Clive
03-19-2009, 12:44 PM
yeah, I think all BPS and Cabelas bait cast reels are righties only.

jwm
04-06-2009, 01:36 AM
Don`t have a reel for you, but was wondering what happened to your hand?? I also had a right hand injury, and have found fishing really great for therapy for the hand...did you find the same?? Thats why I get too fish soo much, unable to work so I fish!

I guess it was a combination of repetitive stress and then I really cranked hard on something and heard a loud snap. I snapped a few tendons, lost about 10% grip strength in that hand. I also noticed that the other day when I was moving a lot of heavy equipment the joint further down my thumb, almost at my wrist, got pretty swollen and there was even a bruise. It never hurt, and I don't think I slammed it on anything.

I love fishing, and sometimes after a long day my hand will hurt, but it doesn't stop me. I also do plenty of other activities that probably aren't great for my hands, like typing and boxing.

jwm
04-06-2009, 01:36 AM
yeah, I think all BPS and Cabelas bait cast reels are righties only.

That's really a shame because it's a great reel for the price..

Clive
04-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Next time you are at a fishing store take a look at the spinning reels, they are all set up as lefties. But most baitcast reels you see are righties.

MillerPhoto
04-24-2009, 07:24 PM
I don't have one to trade, but how much are you asking cash wise?

jwm
04-24-2009, 11:29 PM
I think they're going pretty cheap if you can still find them. I'd sell it for 60 bucks, with the box and everything. Oh and its pre-spooled with 65# Power Pro..

MillerPhoto
04-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Awsome, im defiantly interested.. Just in the middle of moving right now, but if you still have it in a few weeks Ill take it. How long has the line been on there?

jwm
04-25-2009, 01:12 AM
About a year I think. The reel is kept in a box in my closet so it's not getting banged up or dusty. The powerpro's probably barely worn. I'll take a photo for you tomorrow.. er after I sleep..

MillerPhoto
04-25-2009, 11:51 AM
lol no rush! Appreciate it thou.

Now I will just need a rod to go with the Reel, but I found a new one for a good price a Lebaron.
Should be a good quality of the rod... Its a Shimano. I have never purchased from LeBaron before.
And hopefully its still the same price when I go in, in a few weeks. Cause its still under their Xmas
specials.. But technically they have to honor it since there is no expiry date on the ad!

http://www.lebaron.ca/english/xmas_shimano_rods.pdf

jwm
04-25-2009, 02:05 PM
I have a matching Pete Maina Musky rod, unfortunately I like that so much I wouldn't sell it to ya. But you should check them out just visit Bass Pro Shops in Barrie..

MillerPhoto
04-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Whats the aprox cost on the rod? Bass Pro in Barrie? I only know of the one in Vaughn right off the 400

jwm
04-26-2009, 12:15 AM
Vaughn, Barrie, close enough. I think they're under 150.

MillerPhoto
04-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Lol, figured you probly ment that one. Cool, i will have to look into that rod.