PDA

View Full Version : Daiwa vs. Shimano

Danny L
04-17-2010, 03:21 PM
I just purchased a TD-Z Type R+ 103ML and a Exist 2508 but would love to have a Exist Hyper Branzino Custom or matching TD-Z Type R+ 2506C spinning reel.

araret
04-17-2010, 04:01 PM
I've had this really old Daiwa Regal Z reel. It's been with me for the past... 7 yrs or so? It's still the major workhorse in my fishing rod/reel set.

The spinning hand grip began to tighten after I accidentally stepped on the handle, but it still works so I switched the handle with my jigging reel.

I love how smooth the drag is, even after all these years. It has a good constant force even at the looser pounds. I recently bought a low quality ice-fishing rod/reel combo, and the reel on it was absolutely junk. The drag was so sticky that one click may give you 1lb while the next click gives 5lbs.

I also love that it's the 2nd largest reel that I have. It can throw a 1oz spoon a mile far and still have some line left for a pike to drag through. Maybe I'm used to casting long distances, but I hate reels with a tiny spool limit.

Clive
04-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Those are some serious reels, I'd love to own them both but my bank account wont allow it!

cbiegel
04-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Wow, if I had that much to spend on a spinning reel I'd get a Van Stall.

jwm
04-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Very nice gear! Are those left handed? If so you better be careful fishing at night :haha:

If I had that much money to spend on reels quantum would have made the KVD Tour PT in left handed! :angry2: