PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got Me a Boat!... well Canoe.. then another Canoe.. then a Boat!!

MillerPhoto
04-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Well puttin this short and sweet..

Friend of mines ex buzzed off out west after another girl.. so she decided to give me his canoe for free!!
A Scott 12' Canoe.. well wandering around Kijiji came across a guy in Picton looking to trade his 16' York
for a shorter one.. well.. after a few conversations.. even trade done.. So then I am the proud owner of
a 16' Canoe! thought sweet.. good fishing this year from it.. Well.... Needless to say Kijiji is addicting.. haha

Found a guy that was looking to trade his 14' Aluminum, Trailer and 40Hp Johnson.. For a Canoe! after some
conversations.. and a hour drive... the deal was done.. My Canoe, New Paddle, and LifeJacket.. and I was
towing home the 14' boat!! So I owned 2 Canoes that never hit the water, and now have the boat.. lol
Not a single cent was exchanged! :good:

Not sure on the make or model of the boat.. can't find a Identity plate anywhere.. But got info off the motor.
And from the parts manual I got online.. It looks like the boat was built to have this particular motor.. Just wish
I could find some info on the boat..

But for now I thought I would share it with some pics :dirol: Can't complain for getting it for free in the end..
Needs some wiring work, and fuel hose, and battery but then should be good to go! Oh and maybe some seat! lol

One thing missing that I never recieved yet.. some Fishing Fury Stickers!.. *hint* *hint* :sarcastic:

DS
04-25-2010, 11:52 AM
I would like to sign up for your negotiation skills workshop! Very nicely done. Looks like that boat will require a little bit of love to get it into fishing shape, but you can't argue with the price.

DS

Clive
04-25-2010, 12:13 PM
very cool!

Let me check my in box and see if I have your address - I thought I sent them already!

araret
04-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Nice deal!

But yeah, like DS said, guess you gotta put in some elbow grease to make it better before you can use it without breaking down.

jwm
04-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Wow, very cool! That played out like a japanese RPG!

MillerPhoto
04-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Lol, thanks.. Yeah I like working my way up the chain and going from a canoe worth about $400 to a boat, motor and trailer, that has the potential to be worth about $1500-$2000 pending the motor runs. lol.. The guy I got it off, said he had it for a year.. and the guy before him had it running and was using it.. but when the guy got it he took off the 40hp and was using his 15hp tiller or something like that.. So i am doing compression test tomorrow then work on the wiriing.. its all there.. he just cut it all when he removed the motor..

But its all easy work for me.. just hoping the motor is good :)

But have priced out some gadgets for the boat and such, and seat, rod holders.. etc.. and looking probly around $200 to get it on the water safely, but about 800 outfitted for all the goodies.. lol

jwm
04-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Very very cool. I'd love to hear about any DIY stuff you do, I think that's great!

cbiegel
04-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Even at the $800 level you've still made out like a bandit!

Woody
05-04-2010, 04:08 PM
And if you give me numbers that you think are the winning ones for the Lotto, i'd be gratefull :good:

jwm
05-05-2010, 11:04 PM
And if you give me numbers that you think are the winning ones for the Lotto, i'd be gratefull :good:

Hahah!! :lol:

MillerPhoto
05-05-2010, 11:26 PM
If I had the winning lotto numbers... Do you think I would by trading up Canoes for a little 14' Tinny... lol... I think not.. I would be heading to the local boat shop and outfitting a nice little bass boat :haha:

Woody
05-06-2010, 07:00 AM
It was worth a shot i suppose!