PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon All from Kitchener, Ontario Canada

Devlin
02-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Was watching a fishing show "Dave Mercer's - Facts of Fishing" and looked up his Twitter profile which had a post about this forum. I've been fishing all my life but have only really gotten super interested in recent years and started buying quality gear (well at least what I think is quality gear :w00t:) recently picked up a Shimano Symetere reel paired with a St Croix EYECON rod medium weight, in addition to Quantum tour Edition PTi 20 reel which is paired with an Abu Garcia Vendetta medium weight rod.

Have a bait caster as well an Abu Garcia Black Max package deal picked up on a whim at Canadian Tire, still need to get this one out on the water and see what kind of mess I can make as a first time user on a bait casting setup.

I mainly hunt but have been picking up the fishing bug more and more lately, I'm interested in learning to fly fish as I can throw a rock and hit the Grand River here in Kitchener/Waterloo area and from what I understand it's a world class spot for fly fishing.

jwm
02-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Welcome aboard!

araret
05-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Welcome aboard! and i think you can fish the Grand, even if you're not fly-fishing. Just use small sized spinners on light spin gear, or rapala 05~09 CountDown in brown trout or rainbow trout colours. I've had really good luck catching 20"+ browns and 'bows on the CD09 in rainbow trout colour (it also casts a mile).

fishinandishin
05-06-2012, 10:53 PM
How in the heck do I post a new thread?

jwm
05-07-2012, 12:56 PM
How in the heck do I post a new thread?

From inside any forum click the big blue button that says "Post New Thread"

fishinandishin
05-13-2012, 11:00 PM
well I am obviously blonde lol

jwm
05-14-2012, 01:28 AM
well I am obviously blonde lol

Does that mean you found it? :D

casey10
05-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Jon, I just noticed that I am not allowed to make new posts when I went looking for the blue button also. Can u please fix it? Thanks Casey

jwm
05-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Jon, I just noticed that I am not allowed to make new posts when I went looking for the blue button also. Can u please fix it? Thanks Casey

Casey I'm upgrading the forums to the latest version. I will have a look and see if I can figure out what's going on and I will create a thread for anyone else having this issue.

Clive
05-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Welcome to the site Devlin!