PDA

View Full Version : Changes to the site

jwm
02-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to make a quick announcement about some changes we're making to the sites advertising model. As I'm sure you already know Fishing Fury takes a lot time to maintain, as well as a significant amount of money each year in hosting. Clive and I both have full time jobs and we don't have a problem maintaining the costs, but we'd also really like to invest some more time and money in to things like shirts and stickers. We want to move away from those print on demand website and move in to high quality silkscreens and vinyl stickers. These all of course require an upfront investment of a few hundred dollars to get started, and coming right out of our pockets. So the decision was made to try some new methods of advertising, such as affiliates and even google ads, with the hope that at the end of the year we might have a little extra money to re-inject in to the site to keep things rolling. Due to the terms of service I must also say please DO NOT CLICK on the ads unless it is a legitimate ad that you are interested in.

We're going to experiment and see what works best for us and so you may see changes on a weekly or even daily basis. If you see something that is broken or you feel is intrusive please let us know.

With all growth comes a little change, and we hope that with some little changes we can continue to grow and look back on 10 years! We love what this site has become thanks to all of you and we have no plans on stopping anytime soon.

As always if you have any problems with the site please feel free to post here and let us know, or if you feel the need to talk privately please email [email protected]