Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Sea Eagle pontoon boat....anyone?

Anyone on here have, had or know someone who has a Sea Eagle frameless pontoon boat?
    http://www.seaeagle.com/FramelessPontoonBoats.aspx

or a SeaEagle foldCat
    http://www.seaeagle.com/FoldCat.aspx

Thanks
    pretty neat Mike....i'm worried about your intentions with this boat.....lake ontario carp fishing .....whirlpool at niagara.....we will never get you off the water!

the motor and the raised seat are distinct advantages.....stability with waves???.....top heavy ...short length .....flipping over worries??? ....wind pull you around???

i still like the challenge of shorefishing myself....the margins are good to me.

you on the otherhand seem to excel at long distances from shore....and you like exploring.....so a lightweight easy to put in boat makes sense to me for your fishing style. motor is a must....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tangledline View Post
    pretty neat Mike....i'm worried about your intentions with this boat.....lake ontario carp fishing .....whirlpool at niagara.....we will never get you off the water!

the motor and the raised seat are distinct advantages.....stability with waves???.....top heavy ...short length .....flipping over worries??? ....wind pull you around???

i still like the challenge of shorefishing myself....the margins are good to me.

you on the otherhand seem to excel at long distances from shore....and you like exploring.....so a lightweight easy to put in boat makes sense to me for your fishing style. motor is a must....
    Niagara whirlpool....not likely, lol. I doubt I would try that place even with one of the class 5 Dave Scadden boats. http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/201...wspecials.html

I am looking for something that packs into a kit bag, is easy to throw into the back of the car and simple to set up. There deosn't seem to be a stability or top heavy issue, judging by the videos I have seen online. They have a solid floor and you can stand up to cast. My target areas for one of these would be lower humber, Humber marshes, OP, outer harbour, Island canals etc. All fairly sheltered.
    Last edited by MikeH; 12-22-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Thanks
    I did a ton of "beer in hand" research over the past week and I found myself the perfect solution!

http://saturninflatableboats.ca/saturn-kaboats.html

Still packs down into the back of the car, but has a much higher rating.
    Last edited by MikeH; 12-29-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks
    Pretty good price too!

Thanks
    Definitely a good deal. I also have my eye on a Lehr 2.5 hp Propane outboard motor. No stinky gas gan, or leaky motor in the back of the car, no worries about winterising or ethanol issues.....BONUS!

Thanks
    I spotted those propane outboards a few weeks ago too. Pretty nice, let us know if you get one and how it performs.
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks
    I read about the Lehr outboards earlier last year. Supposedly the claim is you get approximately one hours usage from one small canister.

They have a booth at the Toronto Boat Show, which starts on the 12th at the Direct Energy Centre, so you can talk to them there and find out about dealers etc. BTW, prices for boats and motors are always better during the boat show. I didn't see if the Saturn folks have a booth, but maybe they're with a dealer.

I'm considering the 2.5 hp for a small Zodiac that I have.

The comparison would be a 2.5 hp Mercury with 1 litre integrated gas tank or a torquedo electric motor or a Minn Kota with battery, but they don't have nearly the same power.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pescetarian View Post
    I read about the Lehr outboards earlier last year. Supposedly the claim is you get approximately one hours usage from one small canister.

They have a booth at the Toronto Boat Show, which starts on the 12th at the Direct Energy Centre, so you can talk to them there and find out about dealers etc. BTW, prices for boats and motors are always better during the boat show. I didn't see if the Saturn folks have a booth, but maybe they're with a dealer.

I'm considering the 2.5 hp for a small Zodiac that I have.

The comparison would be a 2.5 hp Mercury with 1 litre integrated gas tank or a torquedo electric motor or a Minn Kota with battery, but they don't have nearly the same power.
    I spoke with someone who has the 2.5hp unit and he gets just under 2 hours from a small cannister on half throttle. (which sounds like an hour at full would be about right) BUT... he bought the larger BBQ composite cylinder which has the little gas level indicator window on it, gets a few days out of it and refilled it at his local hardware store. I'm thinking, definitely get the large cannister and keep a small one onboard for backup. Will be checking them out for sure at the show.

Saturn are not at the Toronto Boat Show at CNE as far as I know, but the Candian rep may be at the spring show at the international centre in Feb.
    Last edited by MikeH; 01-04-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Thanks
    UPDATE.... Picked up a 16ft Saturn SK487 this morning.