Thread: Newest Purchase

Thanks

Re: Newest Purchase

Enjoy the weekend!! anchors away!
    FISH ON!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MSBruno
    Most of the time, the boat will be sitting at Sparrow Lake. Sunday will be it's maiden voyage.
    That's cool, I've heard a lot about sparrow lake. In fact my boss has a cottage on the lake, he's probably there right now!
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks

Sparrow's on the Trent Severn, so i can go anywhere from Georgian Bay to Simcoe, but I'll spend most of my time learning in Sparrow and sister lake Couchiching. The diversity of the fishery there is quite amazing. Not the BEST lake, but a lake that will allow me to learn and hit a few tournaments. Also, the marina where my boat is is about 1hr15min from my house, so I can be fishing very quickly if I chose to. Plus I don't need to store my boat nor trailers at home.

My buddies have a cottage on Sparrow, so the convenience of being able to dock mid day and stay there and party or sleep over night is awesome. They also have a very $ Mastercraft X-star water skiing boat for mid-day fun.

We got the boat on the water yesterday and yesterday was more of trying to figure the boat out and make sure nothing was broken. I was a little worried because I got a great deal and there are a lot of toys on this boat, but I'm very happy to say that the boat is great, everything works and the boat is awesome. The boat is faster than I thought too. We also got in some fishing and picked up 2 small pike, 1 for me and 1 for my brother.

Thanks

It looks like a great boat for sure!
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon
    Very nice buy! Also watch out for the solinoid on the foot pedal of those trolling motors, they can break easily and unexpectedly, leaving you without a trolling motor. It's happened to Szomo when I was on his boat early in the season and it happened when I was at springwood..

Maybe the rule should be don't fish with me or your trolling motor might break LOL

ahahaha dude , honestly , just dont get a motorguide . It ended up being more then the solinoid. Apparently after cracking the head open on top . The cables were touching and heated to the point they melted and shorted out the whole thing. It was the first motoguide i had ever owned and the last as you noticed when we went out to the islands i run a minnkota now , ive never had one go on me ... and those new fortrexs are just awesome !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by szomo.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon
    Very nice buy! Also watch out for the solinoid on the foot pedal of those trolling motors, they can break easily and unexpectedly, leaving you without a trolling motor. It's happened to Szomo when I was on his boat early in the season and it happened when I was at springwood..

Maybe the rule should be don't fish with me or your trolling motor might break LOL

ahahaha dude , honestly , just dont get a motorguide . It ended up being more then the solinoid. Apparently after cracking the head open on top . The cables were touching and heated to the point they melted and shorted out the whole thing. It was the first motoguide i had ever owned and the last as you noticed when we went out to the islands i run a minnkota now , ive never had one go on me ... and those new fortrexs are just awesome !
    Under the foot pedal, it gets extremely hot. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

I've never experienced the foot petal getting hot but as with all electronics and particularly motorguide what i have noticed is when somethings hot , theres potential for soemthing to break.

What happened with mine was the wires inside had touched and melted together. There may be something on the petal where the wires are heating up and touching ... another important thing to always make sure you have on your trolling motor is a 50 amp circuit breaker.

My Minnkota circuit breaker is a water proof manual reset breaker. This will protect you from electrical damages .. etc .. you have a motor guide i would recommend finding one and having it installed to be safe ... You have the motorguide with the metal pedal ?

Anyways , the connection of everything is simple . Just walk through your wiring , make sure you have a breaker. Dont be afraid to look over your wiring in the foot pedal to see if anything seems out of the ordinary , it may just be the way it performs ...

You should pretty much never have to crank your trolling motor up past 50 % if you do , and you dont have a circuit breaker could spell trouble ...