Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks

Re: sportsman's lodge

I'm not sure the snow makes we want to go that early in the season, you are brave Phil!

Our 2 visits where the last Saturday in May and we say a little bit of snow the last time, but nothing that stayed on the ground.

And anyone wondering what/where Sportsmans Lodge is here are some links...

http://www.fishingfury.com/categorie...tle-vermilion/

http://trophypikecanada.com/

Thanks

I've been trying to do that math on getting there this year. By car it would be almost 40 hours driving - 3375 Km (2100 miles)from where I live now (around 1000 more then when I lived in Ontario) With only one car in our household it not really an option for me to disappear with the car for 10+ days.

The next option is flying into Toronto and driving with Jon, but we'd need a car rental which would exceed my cash limit.

The only real option is if I could get a cheap flight in to Thunder Bay and time it so I could hitch a ride with one of you guys...sadly, there arent really any cheap flights from Halifax to Thunder Bay

Thanks

Ya clive, 40 hours is crazy. We have a 18-20 hour drive depending on how fast we push it. If we have the room(which I'm sure we do), you could always fly into Toledo or Detroit and drive up with us. If ya needed to spend a night we have plenty of room for you.

Thanks

Hey thanks Ken, I never thought of that option. I'll check out some flight sales...

Thanks

yeah what ken says is true we would have pleanty of room and be more than happy to have you guys hitch a ride with us. hope to see you in the spring clive and jonathan

Thanks

I'll tell you guys a little story that happened two years ago.

I had two guys meet up at my house for the drive up, one was a fellow buckeye from the Akron area and the other was a Canadian friend from the Cambridge Ont. When we crossed the border in Fort Francis/International Falls the Canadian custom agent ask for ID's from the three of us, Me being the driver/owner of the vehicle I had to answer all of the standard questions then from out of nowhere the custom agent (who was a nice looking female) ask me how long I have known my riders plus how we met, not really thinking I said "We met over the internet" , well you should have seen the look on her face. It was a very awkward moment and I looked at her and said "That didn't sound right did it?" to which she replied no with a grin on her face from ear to ear. I then told her "Hey we all married with children and healthy males" to which she started laughing while handing me back everyone's ID and telling us to have a safe trip. Well everyone at this point got a good chuckle out of it and away we went. Coming back it was a whole different story, the US custom agent couldn't quite figure out why I was bringing a Canadian back to the states and those guys don't have any sense of humor what so ever.

Thanks

Wow the shots of the big iceberg are awesome!
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.