Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What Rod?

Thanks

Re: What Rod?

I've never ever had a section of the Rod come off before, buy a decent Rod, push together properly and don't give it a 2nd thought...My 5 section Travel Rod didn't even budge an inch after 2 days solid Fishing.

Thanks

Its happens a lot with the cheaper rods Woody, especially Ulgy Stiks in my experience. You can of course take measures to secure them with any sort of sticky substance...

Thanks

All my Carp Rods that I use are a lot more expensive than the Uglystik's, mine are about $300US each and have a lifetime guarantee so i never have any worries when i'm out Fishing.

Thanks

I've triedmy buddy's st. croix legend elite spinning rods which still has the exact same problem for me. Pretty sure quality isnt a problem in that case. Honestly, I think any 2 peice rod is going to fly apart if you give me a burner reel and some spinnerbaits

Thanks

So today I passed by Canadian Tire so I decided to go in and take a look. Found some pretty interesting stuff. First off, I finally got a feel of the shimano voltaeus. God its heavy, but not as heavy as an ugly stick i guess. Balance is a bit off, but for a lifetime warranty, I can't really complain. Next I found some pretty interesting things; 2 peice medium action 6'0 berkley lightning shock and a 2 piece abu garcia med action 6'6 vengeance. From my understanding, these rods never came in 2 piece casting models. Where on earth did Canadian tire get them? Are they some kind of exclusive?

Thanks

Just for an update. I finally decided to go with the voltaeus in the end. It's $40 at le baron and with the no tax sale, I'm certainly satisfied especially with the lifetime warranty. The balance is a bit messed but once I slapped on the curado e7, everything seems to work out fine. Feel sensitive enough, but I wont know until I start hitting the water next month. Should be perfect for muscling carp and bowfin at the islands. Have to say though, the handle is a bit short for a 6'6 rod.

Thanks

Good stuff, not sure about the CT exclusives, but stores like Walmart and CT seem to stick with the same 2-3 brands I find. I've notice differ locations have slightly different products. For example more CTs out here in Nova Scotia have light trout rods, or heavy saltwater rods, not much in between.

Thanks

I know what you mean Clive. For example, I haven't seen a single saltwater rod in the ones in Toronto. I was pretty surprised to find stuff not listed online though. But man, CT is SO overpriced. 60 for the voltaeus and lightning rod shock and i think it was 80 or 90 for the vengeance. Will definitely be giving a more detailed report once I hit the water, but from the way I see it, voltaeus wasn't too bad of a choice.