Thanks

Toronto Islands Fishing Group

Hey guys I created a Toronto Islands Fishing Crew group that you can join if you're an avid islands fisherman. You can add your own photos to the albums even start discussions if you wish. I don't know if the groups portion of the forums is something that will take off, but there's really only one way to find out. It might make for an easy way to find other fisherman on the islands if you wanted to find a fishing buddy. Anyway, check it out, let me know what you think. && If you have any ideas for other groups you should be able to create them under the Community dropdown on the navbar above.

Let me know!

Toronto Islands Fishing Crew
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks
    I was thinking about starting a group up...It will be a group against starting groups up...I'm not expecting much response!

Thanks
    Im moving to the city this week. I'll be hitting up the islands as much as possible. Should be good.

Thanks
    lol Woody!

Butts, gotta reach out to Fidel, he was some unprecedented knowledge of TO fishing - he even ice fished the harbour!

Thanks
    Hello,
    I live in the Toronto region. I have never really fished the Toronto Island but would love to. I typically jump in the car and head north.
    I am interested in some advice about some shore fishing spots on the island.
    Can anyone help me out?
    Thanks,
    Evan

Thanks
    Evanxrs, take the centre island ferry, when you get to the islands walk straight ahead to the water and start casting. Follow the shore line around and look for structure. That's pretty much what we've been telling people for years, there aren't really any tricks or "spots" to be honest. I've caught pike all over the islands in just about every single spot you'll encounter.

Thanks

Cool Bait and lures

What Bait or Lures do you recommend?
    Red Devils, Mephes or Live?

There are a lot of weeds around on the island so that can be difficult when selecting a lure.
    Thanks,

Evan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by evanxrs View Post
    What Bait or Lures do you recommend?
    Red Devils, Mephes or Live?

There are a lot of weeds around on the island so that can be difficult when selecting a lure.
    Thanks,

Evan
    Evan, we have countless pages on the subject in our blog, and several posts in our forums about the islands. Try Mepps spinnerbaits, spoons, tex'sposed gulp sinking minnow, even your standard bass spinnerbait is pretty weedless and will work.

http://www.fishingfury.com/?s=Toronto+Islands

Thanks
    Moon river pike last weekend...hunting the toronto isalands tomorrow any tips????
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moon r pike.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	737

Thanks
    Head to centre island and try fish the main channel the further you can cast the better. Search the forums and our main site for Toronto Islands, there are tons of post with information.