Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    jwm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,925
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts

    Algonquin Park Trip [MAY 24]

    Hey guys, I'll be heading back out to Algonquin park this weekend for another portage trip, should be another awesome trip if the weather gets straightened out. Otherwise we might be portaging through a lot of mud, or might skip the big portages all together. Anyone else with cool plans for this May 24 weekend?

    Picked up a new tent this year as well, last year I used a cheap Canadian Tire tent I borrowed. But this year I'm rocking a beautiful North Face Rock 22 that I picked up for under 200 bucks at Al Flaherty's Outoor Store right by my house.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BAMGN.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	427
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.



  2. #2
    cbiegel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Shore Boston MA
    Posts
    470
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Isn't May 24th a Tuesday?

    That looks like a nice personal tent. Are you guys going to be in canoes or kayaks?

  3. #3
    jwm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,925
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
    Yes, May 24 is a tuesday. I will be gone from friday to monday. We are canoeing again, but this time I think we're going to try and catch some fish!
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwm View Post
    Hey guys, I'll be heading back out to Algonquin park this weekend for another portage trip, should be another awesome trip if the weather gets straightened out. Otherwise we might be portaging through a lot of mud, or might skip the big portages all together. Anyone else with cool plans for this May 24 weekend?

    Picked up a new tent this year as well, last year I used a cheap Canadian Tire tent I borrowed. But this year I'm rocking a beautiful North Face Rock 22 that I picked up for under 200 bucks at Al Flaherty's Outoor Store right by my house.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BAMGN.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	427
    Sweet tent. I live two seconds from Al's, small world. I'm heading there to pick up a new tent too, looking for a light 3 person, so the wife and I have a little space, but can still portage with it.
    Enjoy your camping trip, I'm heading up to Eganville area to help a friend open up his cottage, going to get in some walleye fishing.

  5. #5
    jwm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,925
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfx View Post
    Sweet tent. I live two seconds from Al's, small world. I'm heading there to pick up a new tent too, looking for a light 3 person, so the wife and I have a little space, but can still portage with it.
    Enjoy your camping trip, I'm heading up to Eganville area to help a friend open up his cottage, going to get in some walleye fishing.
    Small world indeed! If you take the dufferin or rogers bus frequently you'll probably see me, feel free to say hello. I think Al's had a few nice light weight eureka tents that could fit three people. They're decent tents too, my friend has one that's quite nice and has a tarpaulin that he puts all his gear behind so it stays nice and dry as well.

    My tent is only 50" wide, so it can fit one person comfortably. Or two people that are very comfortable with each other
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

  6. #6
    jwm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,925
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
    Weather looks promising!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qyQpR.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	429
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwm View Post
    Small world indeed! If you take the dufferin or rogers bus frequently you'll probably see me, feel free to say hello. I think Al's had a few nice light weight eureka tents that could fit three people. They're decent tents too, my friend has one that's quite nice and has a tarpaulin that he puts all his gear behind so it stays nice and dry as well.

    My tent is only 50" wide, so it can fit one person comfortably. Or two people that are very comfortable with each other

    the eureka tent is what we had our sights on, so it's good to hear that they are decent. I'm needing the size factor, i'm 6' 3", so i think the tent is like 7' 6" in length, keep me away from the sides, keep the moisture out.

    enjoy your weekend, i got my fingers crossed for good weather, and I will def say hi if I see you.

  8. #8
    Woody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    728
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do you have the pop up tents that you just throw in the air and they land ready to peg down and that's it?...Yours should be nice and dry if it's a double skin.

  9. #9
    jwm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,925
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
    They do sell those popup tents in canada but I've never personally used one. I dont know what their weight ratio is like or if they make them all-season ready.
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

  10. #10
    jwm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,925
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
    I didn't take many photos on my trip, but I took these two awesome panoramic photos from the campsite we stayed in. One from the first night and the second from the next morning on Burnt Island Lake. The last photo in one of them was corrupt for some reason, so it's a little shorter than the other.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burnt-island-panorama-2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	442

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burnt-island-panorama-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	443
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •