Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Algonquin Park Trip [MAY 24]

Hey guys, I'll be heading back out to Algonquin park this weekend for another portage trip, should be another awesome trip if the weather gets straightened out. Otherwise we might be portaging through a lot of mud, or might skip the big portages all together. Anyone else with cool plans for this May 24 weekend?

Picked up a new tent this year as well, last year I used a cheap Canadian Tire tent I borrowed. But this year I'm rocking a beautiful North Face Rock 22 that I picked up for under 200 bucks at Al Flaherty's Outoor Store right by my house.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BAMGN.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	427
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks
    Isn't May 24th a Tuesday?

That looks like a nice personal tent. Are you guys going to be in canoes or kayaks?

Thanks
    Yes, May 24 is a tuesday. I will be gone from friday to monday. We are canoeing again, but this time I think we're going to try and catch some fish!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwm View Post
    Hey guys, I'll be heading back out to Algonquin park this weekend for another portage trip, should be another awesome trip if the weather gets straightened out. Otherwise we might be portaging through a lot of mud, or might skip the big portages all together. Anyone else with cool plans for this May 24 weekend?

Picked up a new tent this year as well, last year I used a cheap Canadian Tire tent I borrowed. But this year I'm rocking a beautiful North Face Rock 22 that I picked up for under 200 bucks at Al Flaherty's Outoor Store right by my house.

Name:	BAMGN.jpg 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	427
    Sweet tent. I live two seconds from Al's, small world. I'm heading there to pick up a new tent too, looking for a light 3 person, so the wife and I have a little space, but can still portage with it.
    Enjoy your camping trip, I'm heading up to Eganville area to help a friend open up his cottage, going to get in some walleye fishing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jfx View Post
    Sweet tent. I live two seconds from Al's, small world. I'm heading there to pick up a new tent too, looking for a light 3 person, so the wife and I have a little space, but can still portage with it.
    Enjoy your camping trip, I'm heading up to Eganville area to help a friend open up his cottage, going to get in some walleye fishing.
    Small world indeed! If you take the dufferin or rogers bus frequently you'll probably see me, feel free to say hello. I think Al's had a few nice light weight eureka tents that could fit three people. They're decent tents too, my friend has one that's quite nice and has a tarpaulin that he puts all his gear behind so it stays nice and dry as well.

My tent is only 50" wide, so it can fit one person comfortably. Or two people that are very comfortable with each other

Thanks
    Weather looks promising!

Name:	qyQpR.jpg 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	429

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwm View Post
    Small world indeed! If you take the dufferin or rogers bus frequently you'll probably see me, feel free to say hello. I think Al's had a few nice light weight eureka tents that could fit three people. They're decent tents too, my friend has one that's quite nice and has a tarpaulin that he puts all his gear behind so it stays nice and dry as well.

My tent is only 50" wide, so it can fit one person comfortably. Or two people that are very comfortable with each other

the eureka tent is what we had our sights on, so it's good to hear that they are decent. I'm needing the size factor, i'm 6' 3", so i think the tent is like 7' 6" in length, keep me away from the sides, keep the moisture out.

enjoy your weekend, i got my fingers crossed for good weather, and I will def say hi if I see you.

Thanks
    Do you have the pop up tents that you just throw in the air and they land ready to peg down and that's it?...Yours should be nice and dry if it's a double skin.

Thanks
    They do sell those popup tents in canada but I've never personally used one. I dont know what their weight ratio is like or if they make them all-season ready.

Thanks
    I didn't take many photos on my trip, but I took these two awesome panoramic photos from the campsite we stayed in. One from the first night and the second from the next morning on Burnt Island Lake. The last photo in one of them was corrupt for some reason, so it's a little shorter than the other.

Name:	burnt-island-panorama-2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	442

Name:	burnt-island-panorama-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	443