Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks

Re: Toronto Islands, Saturday May 9th 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon
    Quote Originally Posted by araret
    I'll definitely be out on Saturday! Thanks to Jonathon for telling me the rogers/dufferin shop, I've bought quite a few new lures and Im gonna be there all day testing them all! :victory:

see you guys there!
    Glad to see they worked out for you. What did you end up getting?
    I ended up binge buying quite a few stuff I got... 1 bag of split shots, 1 red/white dardevle imp spoon, 1 johnson silver minnow, 2 williams spoons (warbler and buly)... ended up costing me $26 (im a student so thats a lot)!!
    mmMMmmm... bet that fish tastes good!

Thanks

Nice haul!

Make sure you don't start buying muskie lures, most of them are over $26 EACH!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clive
    Nice haul!

Make sure you don't start buying muskie lures, most of them are over $26 EACH!
    oh wow... thats insane!

If I have another $26 to spare, I'd buy myself a new spool of fishing line... the ones I've been using is a 20/30/40 lb mono-fluorocarbon line... I dont really know how heavy it is cause it's AT LEAST 5 years old!! (I think its probably more like 7) There isn't too much age damage cause of its thickness, but i'm thinking its probably time to change it...
    mmMMmmm... bet that fish tastes good!

Thanks

$26 each?...Those Zalt Pike Lures cost me $45 each, I'm only using them on water that hasn't got many snaggs, I don't want to be losing my 4 favourite Lures!

Thanks

You gotta remember that most lures are double the price in the UK Woody! What do you guys pay for a regular Rapala lure?

Thanks

That's the going rate for the Zalt's, they're made in Europe and all over Europe they're the same price (give or take a couple of Quid!)...The Rapala's vary a lot because of the variations in Lures, the little one's that are split in half in the middle (can't remember the name!) are about $7 in your money to buy, they're not expensive at all i think. The Zalt's are so expensive just because of the sheer size of them i think, as well as being well made/painted!