Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WaveSpin Reel

Thanks
    I got one of these shortly after they came out a few years back. I liked the idea, but to be honest I havent had any issues with tangling on my spinning reels. That being said, I've always invested a few bucks on better reels.

For its price this is a solid reel with out without the gimmick. I never got a review done because I've never managed to catch a fish on it! It does however cast well and I have never had a tangle.

Thanks
    Clive, what is a good price range for a better reel? I usually top off at about 80$ but I do have a reel that was a gift that was about 210$ and I've still had a few birds nests on that one.

Thanks
    The only issues I had with tangles on a spinning reel was using super thin braid and probably too much line. Other than that I dont have any issues really.
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks
    If I'm not careful about line twist I can get some serious wind knots which create the loops that the Wavespin is suppose to compensate for.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cbiegel View Post
    If I'm not careful about line twist I can get some serious wind knots which create the loops that the Wavespin is suppose to compensate for.

What kind of fishing are you doing? Shore fishing? light/ultralight fishing? casting big heavy baits?

Thanks
    Generally happens when casting lighter lures/plastics into wind or anytime I use inline spinners without high-end swivels.

Thanks
    koke: $80 is a good price point for a spinning reel. From 80-$110 you wont notice much difference IMO. Once you start using reels $140+ you really feel the quality difference and for people who fish a lot, spending the extra $50 will pretty much guarantee that your reel will last much longer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    I got one of these shortly after they came out a few years back. I liked the idea, but to be honest I havent had any issues with tangling on my spinning reels. That being said, I've always invested a few bucks on better reels.

For its price this is a solid reel with out without the gimmick. I never got a review done because I've never managed to catch a fish on it! It does however cast well and I have never had a tangle.
    Maybe you should send it to me since I sent you my Quantum Cabo :P