Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Tommy Thompson Park

Blog page article outlining the features and ongoing developments with the fish habitats at Tommy Thompson Park.

http://fishontoronto.com/fishing-tommy-thompson-park

Thanks
    This one got caught in moderation, probably because you had less than 10 posts. You should be fine now.
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks
    Thanks!

Apparently one of the side effects of all the condo building is that the Tommy Thompson Park landfill will completed quicker than originally thought, which means no more trucks Monday to Friday, and the Park open to the Public all week instead. Also waiting to see if the clean-fill islands planned for the east side of the Humber mouth go ahead, that could improve fish habitat on that side of town.

Physically in Toronto, mentally in Hawaii!
    Thanks
    I sure hope that is true. It would be great to access that park any time of the day and time of the week. There is a lot of carping potential

Thanks
    Funnily enough it came up at the city council meeting I was following, along with using some of the additional fill for the Humber Islands, subject to the review currently underway.

Have you fished the Carp gate at TTP in the summer....INSANE!

Physically in Toronto, mentally in Hawaii!
    Thanks
    Not yet...I've been meaning to try it for the past two years, but somehow always end up back on the Islands.

It's on my to-do list this summer...As soon as the carp are done spawning, I'll be taking my bike to TTP. I'll let you know if I plan to fish there. I would also assume the average size of carp is pretty good too seeing that most of these fish are Lake Ontario fish.

Thanks
    i understand that there is a proposed angler gate being installed at the entrance to tommy thompson park.

great links and alot of hardwork have gone into your blog site mike....thanks..for sharing the resources you have put together and for sharing your knowledgeable fishing expreience with us
    Last edited by tangledline; 04-11-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks
    If the angler gate is anything like a Carp gate, Muskiebait won't have any problem slipping through the bars, but I don't hold out much hope for you and I....

Thanks for the good words on the blog guides. I actually got banned for life from OFN forums for posting a link to a starters guide....hahaha. So I have come to appreciate the open response on most other forums to trying to get people into fishing, and answering really basic questions they may not want to ask for fear of ridicule.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
    If the angler gate is anything like a Carp gate, Muskiebait won't have any problem slipping through the bars, but I don't hold out much hope for you and I....

Thanks for the good words on the blog guides. I actually got banned for life from OFN forums for posting a link to a starters guide....hahaha. So I have come to appreciate the open response on most other forums to trying to get people into fishing, and answering really basic questions they may not want to ask for fear of ridicule.

We dont exactly operate on the same rules as OFN. Let me give you an example

FUCK

In all seriousness when I created this forum I wanted to try and keep it as free of rules as possible, not that you wont get a PM from me if you do something truly stupid. The blog is obviously content created (or at least posted) by Clive, myself and several contributors, but the forum area is supposed to be an area for YOU (ie everyone else) to create and use as you see fit.
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
    Thanks!

Apparently one of the side effects of all the condo building is that the Tommy Thompson Park landfill will completed quicker than originally thought, which means no more trucks Monday to Friday, and the Park open to the Public all week instead. Also waiting to see if the clean-fill islands planned for the east side of the Humber mouth go ahead, that could improve fish habitat on that side of town.
    Wow I'm glad to hear about both of those points. I mainly fish during the week so I'm definitely going to make the trek down there.

Quote Originally Posted by jwm View Post
    We dont exactly operate on the same rules as OFN. Let me give you an example

FUCK

In all seriousness when I created this forum I wanted to try and keep it as free of rules as possible, not that you wont get a PM from me if you do something truly stupid. The blog is obviously content created (or at least posted) by Clive, myself and several contributors, but the forum area is supposed to be an area for YOU (ie everyone else) to create and use as you see fit.
    Lol, I've avoided signing up on OFN because it is one big circlejerk with little talk about fishing.