A simple and delicious teriyaki recipe that can be prepared with all different types of fish.
- 1/2 cup of sugar or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 5 dashes of balsamic vineger
- 5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. each of fennel, minced ginger and garlic, chopped parsley, basil or cilantro
- 1 pinch of chili flakes, more if you prefer it spicy
- Marinate 2-4 Marlin steaks for at least 2-5 hours. The longer the better.
- Remove fish from marinade.
- Heat non-stick pan on low-medium.
- Sear fish on all sides. Take your time to achieve a nice golden mahogany colour.
- Baste fish with some of the remaining marinade.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish.
- Place in a 400°F oven for 5-10 minutes, while basting with marinade.
- Slice steaks into medallions and serve over rice or noodles.