PDA

View Full Version : Holiday weekend (Aug 4-6) fishing?

MikeH
08-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Who's heading out fishing this holiday weekend?

I am planning on a couple of hours along the harbourfront for a Friday evening session and a full day on the western shore of TTP Saturday. Not sure about holiday Monday yet, might wait and see how much rain we actually get on Sunday before deciding about fishing on Monday.

Anyone else?

tangledline
08-05-2012, 12:08 AM
i was to go out inthe canoe sat am with my house mate.....he did not wake up in time for morning fishing....it became too hot for old Dave ....so i did some tasks for the Toronto Urban Fishing Ambassador organization....the whole afternoon passed me by....6pm i left the house as my buddy was passed out again and not comming fishing....i went to the mouth of the Don River for carp....i cruised the lower Don and the mouth....nothing visible....so i went to the outer harbour....ran into Jacques...a really nice avid angler i had met before....he had spotted a hundred carp eating bugs from the surface from 4pm to 6pm in a bay....he did not have carp bait...but i did...we gave it a try ....we saw 8 carp discover our bait but the area was "gobieLand" so we moved to another spot. i went scouting and spotted a 35 inch gar pike....i went to get Jacques as i did not have the lures required but he did....upon our return the gar was gone but we spotted several fresh water drum and a few carp...the rain was beginning lightly and the lightening a flashing....and then i spotted another gar smaller but a great find none the less....Jacques attempted some well planned lure passes with the gar finnally disappearing. its always great to share a sighting like a gar with a fellow angler...then i got a 16 1/2 pound carp ...fought and landed it....it was dark ,the bugs were bighting hard, the lightening was all around us...we left on our bicycles....the sky openned up and we were drowned by the rains....no bugs and much cooler it was ok...besides the sky was lit up all around us...i like storms...they bring out the fish. one thing i learnt today....the fish fight harder in warmer water but they also require more recovery time as there is less available oxygen in the water....do not keep them out too long.

tangledline
08-05-2012, 01:03 AM
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz28/tangledline_bucket/july28035.jpg

MikeH
08-05-2012, 01:44 AM
I fished from the little peninsula around the back of aquatic park sailing club at TTP. Scored two nice sized Carp, had some shade under the trees and a nice breeze coming up the outer harbour.

LIFE IS GOOD!

Still not sure where to go on Monday yet..... anyone have any ideas suggestions, assuming we have a lot of rain on Sunday?

tangledline
08-05-2012, 10:37 AM
the rain will mess up the humber and the don rivers....the harbour and ontario place and ashbriges and bluffers will get too much run off and visibility will be low. i would suggest the outer harbour ttp or the toronto islands. remember the last big rain we had...the islands were excellent right after the rain especially the channels between centre and snake islands.

MikeH
08-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Looks like we re not getting the downpour that they thought we would get. I will get the early ferry to the Islands. I'm thinking of trying some long casts off the end of the centre island pier, with some clams or mussels as bait before the holiday crowds show up. Maybe again at sunset too.

jwm
08-06-2012, 06:05 PM
If I had seen this earlier I would have probably come out with you guys! Maybe next weekend