PDA

View Full Version : Walleye Jig Eyes.

Woody
12-18-2009, 02:10 PM
I watch all the Bob Izumi's through the magic of the internet now and i've noticed whenever they go for Walleye's, they use those single eyeball things with a hook underneath...I've never seen them used in England and i'm going to order some i think from the States and give them a try...Could you use them for Shorefishing, if you chuck them out and jig the Rod up and down?...I'm presuming because Walleye take them that Perch would as well and because Zander are basically the same as your Walleye's, i could use them for them as well?...What about Chub and Trout while i'm thinking about it?!...Thanks for any advice on these eye things!

Clive
12-21-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm surprised you don't have them over there! They come in several sizes which would make them great for perch or zander. I haven't used them for chub or trout, but you can buy micro sizes that should do the trick.

cbiegel
12-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Iím not sure which jigs you guys are talking about. Are these different than regular lead (painted or not) head jigs? The kind you put soft plastic grubs on and whatnot?

Woody
12-23-2009, 04:12 PM
It's the ones Mr Izumi uses all the time, I've never seen them for real but they just seem to be a small ball with an eye thing painted on and a single hook underneath (you can get glow in the dark ones as well)...Mr Izumi sometimes puts a Minnow on the end as well just for extra luck!

cbiegel
12-23-2009, 10:13 PM
I'll have to check out his shows.

Woody
12-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Just Google Real Fishing, then click on TV when you get to his page, there's about 4 years worth to watch, and it's all free!