PDA

View Full Version : Swimbait Rods

jwm
03-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Does anyone and experience or preferences in swimbait rods? My MH-H rods are a little stiff for the action I'm looking for, need something with a much softer tip I think. I'm considering buying one of the carrot stik rods, Martin had one of these and it was absolutely one of the nicest and lightest rods Ive seen in a long time... AND ITS MADE FROM CARROTS! REALLY!

I'm thinking either the 6'6" or 7'0" medium action should work for the applications I require.

cbiegel
03-03-2010, 09:05 PM
My buddy just got their inshore saltwater version. It's a Salty Carrot Inshore 7'3" MH 10-20 line 1/2-1 oz. Despite these specs, I think it is literally the lightest rod I've held. That includes my 5'6" UL trout rod. He hasn't had a chance to use it yet but I'm expecting great things.

pierre
03-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Looks great. But carrots? Really? Be careful to the rabbit attack :lol:
If someone get one i would be interested to know more about this technology and the rod.

Woody
03-04-2010, 04:50 PM
I remember seeing the picture of a Carrott Rod awhile ago on the FF site, it's so cool!...I wonder how much abuse they could take though compared to standard made Rod's before they break into a thousand bite size pieces?!

jwm
03-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Looks great. But carrots? Really? Be careful to the rabbit attack :lol:
If someone get one i would be interested to know more about this technology and the rod.

Martin has one, and Ive used it before. Didn't get to fire a hookset while I used it, but it was heavenly.

Clive
03-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Heres a link to the Carrot Stix site - they also do golf club shafts!

http://www.e21sports.com/fishing/products.php?category=1

MSBruno
03-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Go with as long as you can handle. 7'+ as casting distance is key with swimbaits. You need to be able to launch that lure as far as you can. Medium or Slow action tip and use mono if you can't get a soft-ish rod.

jwm
04-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Just thought I would let everyone know I bought a medium action Tour KVD rod at the sportsmens show that will be my swimbait rod this year. Yes its probably better as a crankbait rod, but the tip is soft enough and the rod has enough backbone that I think it will be perfect for the applications I've planned. I also got a Quantum classic baitcaster (5.3:1) on it right now. The slower reel speed and softer tip should make for some deadly action I hope.