PDA

View Full Version : Favorite lure colour?

Clive
04-29-2010, 02:04 PM
So we've asked what your favorite lures are, but what if you could only use one colour lure for the rest of your life, what colour would it be?

For me its a tough call between silver and chartreuse, followed by black.

I'll go with silver, because it's reflective qualities and similarity to various baitfish.

KenReece
04-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Wow. It would be hard for me to call Silver a color, if that is one of the choices than I would go Silver also. My favorite color on a Silver lure would have to be between yellow and orange - so it is Yorange.

Gary Switlick
04-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Kenny don't laugh or say any liberachi jokes, but i think behind silver is hot pink because i have caught alot of different species of fish with it in canada in the stained water it looks orange, in clear water you can see it a mile! and ofcourse kenny it is the best fish pimping color there is.

KenReece
04-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Kenny don't laugh or say any liberachi jokes, but i think behind silver is hot pink because i have caught alot of different species of fish with it in canada in the stained water it looks orange, in clear water you can see it a mile! and ofcourse kenny it is the best fish pimping color there is.

All hail the Pimpmaster!!! :agree:

cbiegel
04-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Only one color has to go to silver/white for me. Too many baitfish have a flash of silver even if most of their body is another color (mackerel for example).

Other than that it’s be a natural color like greens or browns.

I do love chartreuse spinnerbaits though…

jwm
04-30-2010, 02:52 PM
It's all about the conditions really. Murky water == bright colours. Clear water == natural colours/patterns.

Woody
05-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Copper/Brass is a decent shiny option still.

pierre
05-06-2010, 10:34 AM
White or Chartreuse it's hard to say but for spoon if only one color that would be silver

Nico
05-17-2010, 02:04 PM
White, chartreuse and silver.
And for hard bait i prefer American shad color (luckycraft)