PDA

View Full Version : IPhone, who has one?!

Woody
08-04-2010, 03:32 AM
My cousin in Australia and her husband have upgraded their IPhones and i have bought theirs from them (well they will be sent in a weeks time!) They are the Iphone 3, 8gb and 16gb which have been unlocked and work in my country. They have let me have the pair for only 220 so i have got the bargain of the century! I haven't had one of these before but at least if i dont get on with it i can double my money when i flog them. I don't know which one to get rid of anyway because i only need one, i'm not sure if i need the 16gb capacity or not. Anyway enough of my dribbling, who has one of these and are they the cool thing to have, even if they are double the size of a normal phone?! The other thing i wanted to know, what is the best Fishing game to have on it because i will have to get one?! Thanks in advance.

cbiegel
08-04-2010, 09:58 AM
I have one and I think it's great. With that said, I mostly use it for three tasks: Talking/texting people (it's a phone), listening to music (it's an iPod), and ending arguments at the pub (it's an internet connection). Oh, and also to take quick pictures. I don't really use any aps other than the ones it came with like the weather. I don't play games on it so I don't have any help there. Personally I'd keep the one with more capacity because I like to have a lot of songs on it and you can store a bunch of pictures.

Clive
08-04-2010, 10:27 AM
I don't have one yet, but I hope to get the new one within a month or two!

Jon has a few fishing related apps and we are hoping to do some reviews for the other apps an fishing games!

jwm
08-04-2010, 03:33 PM
I have an iphone 3G and to be honest. I'm sick of it. Whatever you do, dont upgrade to iphone os4 it will ruin your experience. Currently i'm looking to save my money and move to an android phone. Mind you, I dont play games on my phone, i mostly use it for work, email, browsing the internet. And I've only ever purchased one app from the appstore, and it was the navionics lake maps for canada.

The games and navionics apps will all be reviewed soon. but for now you can check out my favorite fishing game in the appstore I think its call Fishing Kings FREE. The graphics look as good as some of the Wii games ive seen and most of all, it's fun!

Woody
08-04-2010, 04:32 PM
That Fishing King Game i was looking at today on youtube and it does look good!...I had to buy them both at that price because of the money i can make if i decide to sell the pair, but i'll keep one for now and see how i get on with it, thanks for the info so far!

jwm
08-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Just remember apps you purchase are locked to your itunes account. So while you could sell the iphones with the apps on them, unless the person is an idiot, they should know that they wont be able to update them or anything unless they purchase them too.

Woody
08-05-2010, 03:36 PM
They'll just be flogged set back to factory settings anyway so i'm not fussed about that, i just want a bit of fun while i have one to test!