PDA

View Full Version : Just off the boat.

just_add_water
05-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Hello!

I've just arrived in Toronto from Europe. I came here to fish and work (in that order!) I'm an all-rounder, but lean more towards fly-fishing. I gave the Humber a lash last weekend, but the water was still very murky after all the rain. I saw one pig of a rainbow. Very dark coloring... Couldn't interest it to take anything. I imagine it's fishing its head off right now...

I lived in Amsterdam for the past 6 years. I learned a thing or two about pike during my stay (they are everywhere in Holland), so feel free to pick my brains.

I'm taking the train out to the Credit River today for a reconnaissance trip with the dog and see if I can spot any fish. I'm taking my camera. I'll post something later if i'm successful.

I'd love to catch up with local anglers in the area. I live in Liberty Village. I don't have a car yet, so i'm trying to find some good local spots I can bus or cycle to. What about fishing clubs? Are there any in the downtown Toronto area?

Cool. Give me a shout if you would like to show me the ropes or point me towards some good water.

Tight lines.

James.

jwm
05-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Good to have you on board! If you're interested in pike fishing you should check out the Toronto Islands as pike fishing season just started!

just_add_water
05-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out on night this week. Are the weed beds visible yet? Any areas to avoid? ;-)

jwm
05-08-2011, 11:04 PM
No visible weed beds yet, but there are about a foot of them in the very center and deepest part of the channel (about 11 feet underwater).

Avoid the clothing optional beach :D