PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Islands May 2nd

szomo.ca
04-29-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm looking to shoot out for the opener for pike on the toronto islands ... im going to take care of the harbour licence today ...

I was wondering

A. will anyone else be coming out with there boat ? Bill ?
B. Whats the best launch ramp available for us so we dont need to make a long run from say parklawn ... is there a shorter distanced ramp ...

also if anyone else is launching in ... maybe we could arrange a time ... have a few get to knows ? maybe even have a fun tourny for biggest fish ... ?

jwm
04-29-2009, 11:23 AM
I believe there are launches just east and west of the harbourfront. Don't know the exact streets though, Bill might be able to help you out on this one. Also there will be a lot of people shore fishing, so you might also want to consider a place to pull up your boat on the islands somewhere (just a thought). There is a decent docking-ish area on the centre island near the bridge and amphitheater.

Am I the ballast in your boat this weekend?

MSBruno
04-29-2009, 11:38 AM
This will be my first opener on the Islands. Never fished there for Pike. I'll be fishin from shore, so any tips would be great.

szomo.ca
04-29-2009, 11:40 AM
I believe there are launches just east and west of the harbourfront. Don't know the exact streets though, Bill might be able to help you out on this one. Also there will be a lot of people shore fishing, so you might also want to consider a place to pull up your boat on the islands somewhere (just a thought). There is a decent docking-ish area on the centre island near the bridge and amphitheater.

Your the man ... you in ?

jwm
04-29-2009, 12:24 PM
This will be my first opener on the Islands. Never fished there for Pike. I'll be fishin from shore, so any tips would be great.

Bring a Mepps Black Fury, and cast as far as possible into the middle of the channels.

jwm
04-29-2009, 12:24 PM

IM ON A BOAT MOTHERFUCKERS!

jwm
04-29-2009, 12:25 PM

IM ON A BOAT MOTHERFUCKERS!

We should try to dock for a bit at some point to meet the shore fisherman. I've also got a pile of stickers I hope to not have at the end of the day.. (new stickers soon too!!!)

szomo.ca
04-29-2009, 12:36 PM
i'll get it close so someone ie ( you could jump out ) i dont have a keel gaurd so theres no way i can beach it ... but we will get that sorted out

jwm
04-29-2009, 12:40 PM
i'll get it close so someone ie ( you could jump out ) i dont have a keel gaurd so theres no way i can beach it ... but we will get that sorted out

I'll remember my swim trunks..

David Blaine
04-29-2009, 12:47 PM
What about me? Any room for another? I am down to catch some of these pike I have heard about but never seen.

Dave

jwm
04-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Between Martin and I and all the rods, trust me Martin has like 100 rods, I don't know if there will be much room. Plus I've been hooked and hit in the back of the head on so many casts.. How do you think I got all these piercings :fool:

David Blaine
04-30-2009, 12:09 PM
I was going to say you got them in another way... Like being poked by other foreign objects. :diablo: Oh well. On the shore I will be!

Dave

MSBruno
04-30-2009, 03:27 PM
anyone have a topographic map of the isalnds' waters?

btw, still looking for spots. feel free to pm me ur honey holes if you wish to share.

szomo.ca
05-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Yeah guys as much as i'd love to say yes , its only 18.5 ft , its a skeeter and they tend to have more narrow casting decks then say a ranger ... that and the inconvience of casting with 7+ ft rods and tossing sometimes 2 ounce baits :P

Jon ! A guy in my club who does guiding on ontario will be out saturday too ... if we get to the launch around 6:30 am we can run out there with him ... Hes got spots for some good walleyes too so be sure to have some of that ready in case we get into a run on some eyes .... We'll be launching out of humber park , i guess i'll communicate with you tonight to get the plan sorted out .... super psyc'd !

And we should by all means be able to meet up with the warriors on the islands .... clives apparently going to be near there as well for sat ...

Tons to sort out and figure out for a super exciting opener !!

bring a CAM !! :P

szomo.ca
05-01-2009, 09:15 AM
anyone have a topographic map of the isalnds' waters?

btw, still looking for spots. feel free to pm me ur honey holes if you wish to share.

Theres a publicated topo available on the net , i dont remember what that was but if you search up lake ontario topo or nautical map you'll see one ...

I've got two navionics chips ... so between the two i should have a topo on one of them ... if we run into each other i'll let you know if i have something unique marked

Clive
05-01-2009, 01:15 PM
My plan is to get out in the afternoon!

Ihave family plans in the day (the zoo!) but as soon as thats done, I'll make my way to the islands!