PDA

View Full Version : Hooked on fishin'!

Dooch
09-16-2011, 11:02 PM
I started fishing off the dock at the inlaws cottage and now I'm hooked! I don't know what the hell I'm doing but it sure is fun! Would love to catch something around town on Centre island or wherever.:p

jwm
09-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Dooch, right now is a good time to find salmon in the rivers like the humber. You could potentially find some bass on the islands, though I haven't heard any reports in a while. What kind of fishing gear do you have right now?

Great to know we've got another Toronto/GTA member- welcome aboard!

Dooch
09-17-2011, 07:53 PM
I have a Zebco Pro Staff 6'6" Med 8 to 20lb rod and spinning reel (10/30). Do you think I could use this to fish for Salmon on the Humber? I was thinking of going out tomorrow morning, could you recommend the best time and spot? Also, can I drive to this spot then walk from where I park?

Tx

jwm
09-18-2011, 09:44 PM
I would say that you probably need a longer rod then that, both to make casting easier and for fighting the fish. Most people have been gathering around the mouth of the humber from what I understand. There is a parking lot near there too I think. You could also try by old mill, just turn on the street the the subway station is on, and keep to the right, you'll go down near a small bridge, keep right for the parking area.

Dooch
09-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Ya I figured I needed something bigger for a salmon. Thanks for the advice!

Clive
09-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Welcome Dooch!

Dooch
09-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Thanks Clive! Hope to get out fishing this weekend if I can get away from work, I have a buddy who has a houseboat on Centre island so if I can get out there early enough I might actually catch something.

Woody
09-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi Dooch, welcome to the addiction!