Thanks

Grenadier pond Sunday June 24

I'll be fishing at Grenadier pond from around 7am to about lunchtime on Sunday if anyone is heading out that way, give me a shout!

Thanks
    Any luck? The weeds out there were pretty thick last time I was out.
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwm View Post
    Any luck? The weeds out there were pretty thick last time I was out.
    No luck with the dragonfly, I tried flipping it onto weed pads but the tail hook would foul on the surface mats pretty quick. I may save those for the Islands, and the panfish pulled two of the wings off (LOL). I managed one small bass on a weedless frog, same technique, flipping onto weed mats or pads and then twitching off the edge. I did ok on Pan fish north of the platform, using maggots. They were racing each other for the maggot as soon as it hit the surface!

I think I may have to devise a Grenadier specific Carp rig, they were very active just out past the weed lines.

I did manage two nice Carp and a decent Perch in the OP Brigantine lagoon around sunset though, so all in all, a good day!
    Last edited by MikeH; 06-25-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks
    Yea I see them just on the other side of the weedline as well. Caught a two pounder there in the evening on my first cast right to the edge of the weedline of the south corner of the platform.

A two pounder is much easier to get through the muck than say a 10 pounder!
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwm View Post
    Yea I see them just on the other side of the weedline as well. Caught a two pounder there in the evening on my first cast right to the edge of the weedline of the south corner of the platform.

A two pounder is much easier to get through the muck than say a 10 pounder!
    I go with the longest rod possible for both the Island canal and Grenadier. 12 and a half ft raised up high overhead, keeps your line at a much steeper angle and a lot more of your line out of the weeds. It's also damn good for just reaching out and pitching a lure right into a gap or onto a weed mat. Puts all the weed bank edges up to 20ft or so within range of a simple flick