Thread: new Carp Rod

Thanks

new Carp Rod

I received a 12ft, two piece Daiwa MadDragon Carp rod (3lb test curve) as a birthday gift. Looking forward to giving it a shot for some loooooong distance casting into Lake O from Gibraltor point, or maybe into the harbour off Snake Island beach?.

I have a Catmaxx size 7000 spinning reel I might try pairing it with, either that or the Sonora 4000 size. Running out this morning to get some 40lb shock leader and a finger guard. Planning on taking the new rod with me on my early morning fishing trips, I think I may need some pendulum cast practice in the middle of Coronation park at 6am, It's been a while since I have had the gear to put 2 oz of lead and a 2 oz PVA bag 150yds out.

Break out the hard hats gents!!

Thanks
    so how is the rod working out....limitations?.....complete satisfaction?......more than can be imagined?
    any fish landed yet with it?

Thanks
    Very pleased with it, epic casting distances! Scored a couple of nice sized carp off the back of Tommy Thompson Park first time out with it. It's definitely a stationary setup rod, no use for urban stalking and sight fishing, but I have the lightweight interline for that though.

I finally got a replacement drop net this weekend , so I'm thinking of trying out some evening fishing off the end of the Toronto Island pier. Not sure why nobody fishes there (I guess I'll find out, if there's no fish...lol.)

Thanks
    now you have both the urban stalking sight fishing rod and the long range bomber casting rod there will be no safe hiding spots for the toronto carp except the marinas / police station and fire station marinas.....there will be so many terrified carp held up in hiding in those locations i would expect they will beg us to fish them out.

Thanks
    Nice! I've been eyeing that rod myself!

Thanks
    Mike, new to the forum, where do you get your tackle from?
    Graphic Fins

Thanks
    Carp specific tackle stuff like PVA bags and such, I get online from new world carp in Hamilton. The new rod was a gift and as the only fishing store my wife knows is bass pro, I'm pretty sure it came from there....

Thanks
    Thanks for the response. I've managed to pick up a few things from NWC and from Fishing World, also in Hamilton. Just wish there was something a little more local to London. Fortunately, being a Brit, I know folks coming over from England vacationing all the time. I guess I'll put a shopping list together.

Andy.
    Graphic Fins