Thanks

Proposed Changes to the Start of Bass Season Zone 20

Thanks
    The proposal affects the start and end of seasons....check out the reaction on the bass's face! one of panic and disbelief.....what are your opinions regarding this proposal????

Thanks
    I think that would move the bass season to the same dates as the Muskie season for Zone 20. I don't think the December 15 date will have much difference, but the 3rd Saturday in June start would have seen a lot of Bass still on the nests over the islands this year.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
    I think that would move the bass season to the same dates as the Muskie season for Zone 20. I don't think the December 15 date will have much difference, but the 3rd Saturday in June start would have seen a lot of Bass still on the nests over the islands this year.
    I agree I'm happy to see the dates pushed back a week, but I dont know how I feel about the two full week change for zone 20. I too have seen spawning bass up to almost the end of june on the islands.
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks
    Ive made this a sticky thread since it's an important topic.
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Physically in Toronto, mentally in Hawaii!
    Thanks
    Bass are still on nest 3rd week of June. I've seen that consistently through the years. Sure, some years they are done by mid-June, but that's not a common occurrence in my own experience.

Let's not forget that once the fish are off the nest, the males protects the school of fry. This could last several days to a week...during which time male bass will attack anything that threatens the school of fry. Once the male is caught, it does not always return to the fry after release, at which point the school is at risk of predation by sunfish and other predators.

It's just not a smart move in my mind.