Thanks

Hello from London Ontario

So, here we go.

I've been alcohol free now for 3 ye......Sorry, wrong forum jk.

So, my name is Andy and I am originally from Nuneaton in the UK. moved to London ontario 2005 and love it. I live a total of 3 minutes walk (slow walk) from the banks of the Thames at Highbury/Fanshawe. I actually just finished fishing there an hour ago, not so successful tonight though (notice my spelling of tonight?). Pulled out 2 fish I've never had out of the Thames before, one I have no idea what it was, around 8" long very small scales and brown, may have even been a trout, not sure. The other was a mirror carp, which again, I have never caught one of these in the Thames. I'd love to hear from others of other venues to fish in and around London for carp, and where to buy carp fishing tackle. I was in Hamilton at Fishing World this week as they have a small collection of gear, and I have also been to Stephens New World Carp cave also in Hamilton but they are both a bit of a trek. Fortunately I have folks coming from England in October so I can put a shopping list together.
    Wow, this is getting long, I'll leave it there and report out again soon. If anyone out there has a cheap rod bag up for grabs, I might be interested, needs to be about 60" though.

Andy (Naiad)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0068.jpg  
    Last edited by Naiad001; 09-10-2012 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Adding a photo 22" Mirror Carp
    Graphic Fins

Thanks
    Hi Andy, I fish for carp in London as well. Maybe I'll see you out there sometime.
    - MJR

Thanks
    Welcome aboard and thank you for posting an introduction. We should plan to get together the next time we're all in London.
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.