Thanks

8.9 lbs MONSTER smallmouth on Erie

This is the time of year to be out on Lake Erie , no question one of the finest producing fisheries in the world.

So what happens when its late Nov and you put 50 - 60 boats on a rare calm day ? someone eventually socks the big fish.

I'll tell you what , the one thing i found so incredibly frustrating fishing events big or small on Lake Erie ? you never have that settled " ahaaa we got this in the bag" feeling. No matter how great you do ( best 5 fish of the day ) theres always someone out there whom potentially went toe to toe with a brute and easily put your "great day to shame"

Take this for example , two weeks ago we did 25lbs on lake erie , smashed 2, 5lbers in the last 15 minutes for a solid bag.
    Feels good, you think you have it cracked , then "surprise !" you got 3rd , 27 won and 25 and change put you down 2 spots.... WOW

This happens alot out here , This past weekend more of same . We only did 21 lbs and we knew going to the ramp we were done for . Sure enough everyone and their grandma had 20 + . With the winning weight and $5000 on the line a whopping new NY state record smallmouth comes to the scales.

8.9 !!!! my friends , this thing was a mutant !!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7773.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	890

Congrats to Mike Hauer and Drew Sokolowski on their big win !!! 29 lbs for the win !

Thanks
    That thing is a beast!!!!!
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks
    Awesome smallie!!! Wish they grew that big here in NB.
    Money cant buy happiness, but it can buy fishin tackle and that is almost the same thing!!

Thanks
    Awesome!!!