Thanks

Rod's that can take loads of abuse and still land the big one!

Awhile ago i was bending Clive's ear about the strength of Rod's that only have single Whippings that look like they would fall to bits with a decent fish on the other end...I asked him and he told me that he had had some good Pike on his and it stood up fine...Then on Fishing Fury that bloke has his picture took with that Red Tail Cat and the 1st thing i noticed was the Rod in his mouth had only the single Whipping on!...I bet the Rod was only a 6 or 7 foot (which is what nearly all of you use in your part of the world i believe) and i don't know what weight that fish is but i reckon it's gotta be about 25lb and i'm still amazed it wasn't pulled apart!...Anyway, thanks for giving me more knowledge as i'm still learning but please don't give me more than one bit of info a week as any more and my brain has a meltdown

Thanks

Re: Rod's that can take loads of abuse and still land the big one!

They may not look tough, but thy have plenty of flexibility!
    If anyone doesn't understand what hes talking about here are some images...

The top one would be bound the the rod on one side, the bottom on both sides.

Here is some more info on some new concept guides from one of the worlds top manufactureers, Fuji - http://www.fujitackle.com.au/concept.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lvsg.jpg   iclnsg.gif