Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks

Re: Lazer Trokar Hooks

I've tryed various brand of treble hooks and i've never get any kind of problems with the ST46 model and when they are not strong enough i put some ST56 or ST66 which are normaly used for tropical fishing with those hooks i've never had problem. I 've tryed some mustad and VMC and i encounter those kind of problems but it was maybe cause of the model which was not addapted to my kind of fishing.
    I use to go fishing sea bass with hard baits top water or not and you have to be very directive if you do'nt wan't your fish heading straight in the middle of stones.
    I'd like to try some Gamakatsu but i don't know which one to choose as there are not available in France.

Thanks

to be clear ive never used the owner treble hooks only the big single hook worm hooks with the bend. For texas rigged plastics.
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks

I've never use the big single hooks owner so i can't speak on this one. ardon:
    For plastics lure i use gamakatsu when i've got some.
    I've used some owner single hooks (cuting points)to go surf fishing and they are really sharp but not as strong, they bent quite often and i m not happy of this.
    But to be honest i think it's quite difficult to find the perfect hooks for your technique when you see the number of references you can found on the net.
    It could maybe be interesting to open a topic on the kind of lure we use regarding the kind of fish and the kind of technics. :scratch_ones_head: ardon:

Thanks

I'm agree with Pierrot.
    My prefered hooks are Owners St-41, St-46 and st-66 (Not St-31 because they are too weak)
    They have a very good resistance to corrosion when we fishing in salt water.