Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thanks

Lazer Trokar Hooks

These are being shown right now at iCast in Florida. These hooks are designed by the pros , they have the sharpest hook every made where they litterally had a company which creates surgical needles that claim you literally can set the hook with 50% the effort. Also not to take away from strength as this is always the fine line between the two they use the highest grade steel carbon which they have tweaked and tempered to resist any give.

Loss Less fish !

http://lazertrokar.com/

Thanks

Re: Lazer Trokar Hooks

That's pretty cool, the sharpened point is not much different than a piercing needle or a syringe (though obviously those are both hollow). I'll have to get a hold of a few of these and see how they stand up against my current favorite, gamakatsu.

My only complaint is that flash only sites really get on my nerves.
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks

The look sharp...

Now if we could get that sharpness in some big muskie hooks I'd be happy!

Thanks

They looks good but i don't know if they'll stand in front of my Owner ST46 when it deals with Sea Bass

Thanks

Honestly , theres no question these hooks will provide good hooksets , i mean if you do that math a 60 gram pressure ratio to penetrate almost any surface can prove very benefitial

Owner hooks are actually the weakest hooks on the market , i typically try and avoid them at all cost . i cant tell you how many ive had their points bend / dull down for me .. and even had the shafts break on me ...

Mustad hooks are definetly the most resistent thus far to point dulling , there really truly isnt a sharp hook like these ones available ...

With names like Skeet Reese , Shaw Grigsby supporting the product its going to have some strong merits to support them and ofcourse these are tournament pros who have involved their time in the development and testing. Right now its the talk of icast and its surely to be a breakthrough in hooks .

btw iCast is showcasing some fantastic products to the market , including a fishing kayak with alot of VERY cool extras some people here may be in the market for if you want something portable , and fishable .. these things have rod locker setups to hold rods upto 9ft !!

Thanks

I'm glad you mentioned Mustad, i was after an opinion on them, it all looks like decent gear.

Thanks

Martin I've also had the owner shafts snap on me! Granted I was snagged to a tree or something but I would have expected it to bend before snapping off.. Anyway Gamakatsu has never given me any problems. Ill see about finding some of these hooks and compare the two.
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks

Mustad and VMC saltwater 4x trebles are my top choice on my lures.

Dave Mercer is also backing those lures Martin.

You didnt go to icast did you?

Thanks

does anyone know where williams spoons gets there trebles i absolutely love them and you can't get them from williams . i want to switch out all of my other trebles for those if i can find them. any help would be appreciated

Thanks

No i was not at icast , though i think next year i might try and get out there ... nothing like having your hands on the latest stuff before anyone else ...