Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks

Re: Polarized glasses

I've been a fanatic about wearing polarized sunglasses for years and tried everything from $10 specials to $150 a pair
    I'm hard on them but I've been wearing a pair of Ono's for the past four years and love them. They have a built in set of readers which us old guys need .
    There are only advantages to wearing polarized sunglasses, protection from the UV rays, flying hooks and most of all being able to see on bright sunny days.
    I wore the Bill Dance set for years and like the fact they had side shields also.
    Best advice I can give ya is find a pair you like and wear them.
    I've also learned a lesson that will save you money in the long run, buy a set of lanyards so you don't lose a set to the bottom of the lake

Thanks

I bought a Berkely pair for $5 at WalMart, and they work great! Really helpful for eliminating glare. The lenses are a little flimsy, but hey! that's a mighty nice price.

Thanks

2.50 for a pair of Specs?...You can't knock 'em for that money!!!

Thanks

I'm in the market for a new pair, for backup, myself, this thread has been very useful. At the moment I am using a cheap (1,800 yen, about 20 Yankee dollars) off-the-rack pair with dark grey lenses that does the job okay for my fishing. I share Clive's way of thinking when it comes to glasses as they get bashed about a lot and put through a lot of use.
    However, I would definitely recommend their use to anyone who hasn't tried them yet, aside from their very real medical benefits, after I first tried such glasses I couldn't ever consider fishing without them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny L
    However as the sun lowered later in the day and especially right at sundown the glasses did absolutely nothing for cutting the glare off the surface of the water.
    That's not really the fault of the glasses. By definition, the lenses are directional and give you optimal polarisation when the sun is middle distance from the horizon. When the sun is very high or low in the sky, the glasses will give less polarisation. At sunset you will get weird reflections off the waves and actually your visibility on the horizon is probably worse. Not sure if more expensive or special low-light glasses will make a difference, though, as I've never worn a pair; please let me know the make if you find a pair that does.
    Cheers,
    Adam

Thanks

I knew better than to reply to this thread

I broke my Ono's this weekend :angry2:

Thanks

I'm with Clive on this... I try not to spend a ton of money on them as I'm notorious for breaking glasses. I usually just buy cheaper ones knowing they will get broken, lost, or just turn up MIA after a few trips... the cheap ones seem to do the job fine. I won a contest and got a pair of Habervision sunglasses that are amazing - just hoping I don't continue my trend as I think these would have been expensive. (www.habervision.com)
    www.coolwaterfish.com

Thanks

LOL, which glasses did you win from Haber? I got to product test the Kenai Glasses from NAFC(North American Fishing Club), and I love them-very comfortable and durable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoolWater
    I'm with Clive on this... I try not to spend a ton of money on them as I'm notorious for breaking glasses. I usually just buy cheaper ones knowing they will get broken, lost, or just turn up MIA after a few trips... the cheap ones seem to do the job fine.
    Well the pair that just bit the dust was a Christmas gift from the wife, I just ordered another pair online, so now it coming out of my pocket. I figure if I get at least four years out of the next pair it just like buying the cheap ones

Thanks

I seem to be having a problem getting their site to load... it's like a basic black pair with a thin nickle colored band on the side... good looking specs and work excellent.
    www.coolwaterfish.com

Thanks

Sounds like the pair I have -called Kenai.