Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Anyone ever used any of the Zalt range?!

I'm not sure if you lot can even get it over in the States or Canada, i bet it's not that common but has anyone used any of the Lures or Rod's that Zalt have produced? Since i looked at the link for them on Fishing Fury, i've been looking at Fishing reports and reviews about this gear and it all looks fantastic. I'm not too sure how the Lures would work for Bass but for Walleye, Pike and Musky they've got to be good. For Pike they seem to think it doesn't even matter what colour Lure you use as it's the way it's built and goes through the water not the colouring that gets the Fish going (it has something to do with the balance of the eyes further up the Lure or something!) Anyway i'm getting myself a new Zalt Rod and a couple of Lures to go with it and see what happens!

Thanks

Re: Anyone ever used any of the Zalt range?!

I've personally never used the Zalt lures, and I don't recall ever seeing them around here but they look a lot like the Canadian Wiggler (which is obviously pretty popular up here)..

Canadian Wiggler

Zalt

Judging by the shape and my guess at their action in the water they should be good for bass, pike, musky and walleye.
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks

They have got a pretty weird shape compared to a standard Lure, there's no plastic lip sticking out the front for a start!...I'm getting 3 different colours and i'll see what happens this year, i can't believe how much i'm easily impressed, because of the link in FF, i've gone and bought the 8' Spinning Pike Rod today and it will be the Lures in a few weeks, i've got to catch me one then surely!

Thanks

Must be some kind of fancy Euro lure - never heard of them out our way!

Thanks

They have north american distributors, you can buy them online (http://www.zaltnad.com/shop/). They have a main site too, here is the english version (http://www.zalt.se/english/default.aspx).

Also, I think their slogan is awesome! "Any water is Zalt water"

Thanks

Well my 8' Zalt Spinning Rod arrived today and it looks top quality, even the guides are all double whipped as well so i'm thinking this Rod might be strong enough for a bit of light Sea Fishing, as well as for Pike?...I'm getting 4 Zalt Suspending Lures to start me off, i found 2 in the states for sale advertised as Musky Lures and i can see why, they're huge! These a couple of pics i found with these Lures and they're great, i can't believe that greedy Perch went for a Lure that size, pure pigs eh?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zalt 2.jpg   Zalt.jpg  

Thanks

Nice! That rod should be perfect for pike.

Thanks

The rod sounds perfect for pike. What weight is it anyway? Medium? Medium heavy?

Dude look at that perch!!

Thanks

I'm not sure what the Rod is as i've peeled the stickers off it, i prefer a blank blank!...The bag it came in says the ideal Lure weight is 20-70g if that's any help...That's an average Perch where i'm from, does that look good to you or does it look good because they are slightly different colours to yours?!...The places i fish generally have Perch between the 2-3lb mark, there's plenty of places that have them bigger but i've never seen anyone drag one out that is, just stories off the locals that fish there!

Thanks

A 3lb perch is a MONSTER around here.

That rod is made for pike as far as I can tell - al of their rods appear to be very sturdy.

70g is 2.5oz, which s a pretty solid lure, probably heavier then any of my Rockstar Lures!