Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks

Favorite Pike lures?

Pike season is almost upon us (and already is here if you live in certain areas) - I figured it would be a good time to share your favorite spring pike lures!

I like the Mepps Aglia and Black fury #5 for covering water, and the Rapala X-rap Clown for triggering the less aggressive pike to bite!

Thanks

Re: Favorite Pike lures?

While I wish I could say that I had a favorite pike lure, the truth is that we don't have pike close by so I've never caught one. I do have the lures that Clive showed that came in a bass/pike kit, as well as tons of Rapala's for both salt and fresh water.

Does anyone use spinnerbaits for pike? I've seen fishing shows where they said they weren't going to use them when bass fishing to avoid pike (foolish!!). I've got loads of them for bass and catch plenty of picks with them.

Thanks

What no shameless Rockstar Lures plug? Your biggest pike ever was caught on a lure you made in 5 minutes!

Rapala Glidin' Rap
    Smithwick Devil's Horse
    Gulp Sinking Minnow
    Mepps Magnum
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks

I think all of my pike so far have been caught on spoons. I've tried using spinner baits and jerk baits but maybe it's my technique (or lack thereof)... I've caught smallies on spinners and X-raps but haven't caught any pikes yet...

They only go for my spoons..

Spoons:
    Little Cleo : gold/red, silver/blue with orange dots, Chartreuse blending into white, 1/4oz
    Eppinger Dare Devil: 3/4oz, 1oz, Crackle Frog

I find that smaller spoons sink slower so they can be fished slower for inactive pike, while bigger spoons attract bigger fish. My biggest pike @ the islands is from a 3/4oz daredevil crackle frog.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crackle frog spoon.jpg   cleo spoons.jpg  
    mmMMmmm... bet that fish tastes good!

Thanks

And my #1 spring pike lure......Rockstar Lures!!!!!!!!!

This 'naked' silver spinner caught 4 40+ inchers (including two 3 minutes apart)

Thanks

Nice Fish!!

My go-to pike lures are spoons too, but where we fished as kids you could catch a pike on pretty much anything.

Williams Wabler is Silver or Silver/Gold. The W50/W60 sizes (IIRC) are the ones that I have in my box. They catch fish when nothing else will. I don't know about 40" fish though

DS
    My name is Darryl, and I'm a fish-a-holic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DS
    Nice Fish!!

My go-to pike lures are spoons too, but where we fished as kids you could catch a pike on pretty much anything.

Williams Wabler is Silver or Silver/Gold. The W50/W60 sizes (IIRC) are the ones that I have in my box. They catch fish when nothing else will. I don't know about 40" fish though

DS
    My #1 Pike lure of all time also, W60 size in Silver/Gold. If you like Williams Wabler, try the Williams Bully-might be taking over has my #1 lure since it has same body shape but thicker and retrieves 1-3 deeper. The Bully only comes in plain Silver and plain Gold, so I have been just painting them. Williams has been my all time favorite spoon since I started using them in 2000. Walleye also find these spoons to be too good to pass up.

And those lures have caught almost all my fish over 40". Biggest Pike was caught on a small Gold/Orange pixie spoon by Blue Fox.

Thanks

My favorite for pike has been & still is Koppers Live Target Yellow Perch
    but last week on my 5th cast was a nice hit with a jointed gold Rapala lure.

fod

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0195.JPG   fave live target.JPG  
    Give a man a fish<br />and he will eat for a day...<br />Teach a man to fish<br />and he will sit in a boat<br />and drink beer all day...

Thanks

My favorite, and the only one that has worked for me so far, is the 5 of diamonds spoon.

And yes it can catch 40 inchers!

Thanks

Where can you buy Rapala Glidin' Raps? & Twitchin' Rap.

Non at LeBaron, Non at BassPro.