Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TransientAngler View Post
    JamieP is a kayak angler Sucks you guys had an off day.
    Actually we caught several pike after they left. Their loss I guess. But when Clive and I fish the islands we can easily walk 10 miles in a single day, I don't think they were prepared for that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KT View Post
    You think I'll be able to land some carp next Friday on the islands? I just saw the schedule for spring ferry service and it starts on the 15th. Coincidently, a friend and I are both free and might take some time on the islands. Since everything is closed, I might just go for some carp, and possibly some bowfin if i can spot any. You guys thing its still too early?
    Very tough to say, weather has been good but not great. Supposed to get up to 20 this weekend but with considerable rain. That will probably kill any leftover ice.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ben306 View Post
    If you read some of my old reports from back in 2009 when I lived in Toronto you'll see I targetted Carp quite abit. I managed fish to 30lb and would fish simple baits like bread, corn and tinned meat.
    Had any luck in mid April or early May?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwm View Post
    Very tough to say, weather has been good but not great. Supposed to get up to 20 this weekend but with considerable rain. That will probably kill any leftover ice.
    Awesome. To be honest, I was thinking that the islands would be completely melted by now already. We're planning to head out early and fish the harbor for a bit until the ferry opens up and we head down to the islands. I hope it'll be warm and dry next week. Depending on the weather, I'm probably going to try Friday 15th, or I'll have to delay it all the way until the 25th, which I dont think Im going to be able to wait until...

Thanks
    If you're going to fish the harbour pick your spots carefully or bring a net with a really long handle. I don't know what the water levels are like right now, but you might not be able to reach down and unhook your catch.

Thanks
    Yep, I'll probably be packing one of those extendable nets or else i'll have to bring a lipper Still wondering if carp will actually bite this early.

Thanks
    If you can find them feeding I don't see any reason why the wouldn't bite. You'll probably find them crusing along the shore lines