Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks

do you use spoons?

I was just talking with Master Basser on the TO Islands, and he said that he never caught anything on spoons.
    But for me, all my pike strikes were on spoons (little cleo)...

do you guys use spoons? if so, what do you catch?
    mmMMmmm... bet that fish tastes good!

Thanks

Re: do you use spoons?

Only spoons I have really used is the same as you.. the Little Cleo, usually Blue and White.. catch Rainbow in the summer. Other then that, havn't really used them. But going to be trying more this summer using them for Pike.

Thanks

Hi

when you speak of spoon is it only spoons as little cleo or also spinner?

I m using spoon a lot for pike(aglia n4-5, but also big mepps syclops ) for trute (aglia 0,1,2; panthere marteen, syclops 00) and perch and more or less a mix of bothe for perch.

Thanks

I would say about 80-90% of my fishing for Pike are spoons. While I like little cleos Williams Wobler and Williams Bullies get most of my fish. The 4" Gold/Silver Wobler is a great lure for all conditions, and the Bullies tend to get a little deeper so great for casting off shelves or trolling outside of weedbeds. Also get a lot of walleye on spoons also, and if in a lake with Trout its a killer.

Thanks

Heck , spoons are great ....

another powerful tool in your tackle would be a jigging spoon ... for vertical presentations for bass , white fish ... etc etc ...

very good when the weather isnt so nice and those fish are down in the warmer water ...

Thanks

I've tried the famous 5 o diamonds, but recently I've not used any spoons. In-line Spinners and Jerk-Baits here.

Thanks

Big Johnson spoons are awesome in thick weeds. A good backup lure for spring pike IMO.
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks

so far, all my catches are on spoons, and I was wondering where I can get some of the other brands... I currently go to a little side shop that only stock little cleo for spoons... do you guys go to bass pro or something closer in downtown?

also, I noticed that all the fish that I catch / lost are in the morning (before 10AM)... I know that dawn/dusk fishing is suppose to be the best, but what do you guys think?
    mmMMmmm... bet that fish tastes good!

Thanks

I live 5 min from Bass Pro.

Love it!

Let me know if you want anything, I'll pick it up for you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by araret
    so far, all my catches are on spoons, and I was wondering where I can get some of the other brands... I currently go to a little side shop that only stock little cleo for spoons... do you guys go to bass pro or something closer in downtown?

also, I noticed that all the fish that I catch / lost are in the morning (before 10AM)... I know that dawn/dusk fishing is suppose to be the best, but what do you guys think?
    There is a good place at rogers and dufferin, decent selection of gear though I don't recall any big musky baits but I could be wrong. Anyway the place is family owned and has been there a very long time 30-40 years if I'm not mistaken. I'll see if I can find the name and address for you if a quick google search can't locate it for you. Right now I'm riding a go train and typing on my iPhone.
    Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.