Thanks

Got a New Rod and Reel!

Hey guys, I was looking around Bass Pro Shops yesterday, and I came across a nice spinning combo from Shimano called the "Sidestab".

Ended up picking up the Sidestab and some Spiderwire Stealth braided line, and getting a hot pink Ugly Stick for the girlfriend (Fishing chicks are hot!). What do you guys think of the Sidestab? I am no professional, and catch a wide variety of fish, of many shapes and sizes. I think it was a good all around choice.

Next thing up is a baitcast combo. I was baffled at the selection of baitcast combos and want to buy one of those next. I was looking at the Browning product and it felt really good. Any suggestions on baitcast combos? (medium/low price range)

Dave
    Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics.  Even if you win, you are still retarded...

Thanks

Re: Got a New Rod and Reel!

Nice reel, they could have given it a better name though. Sidestab is just a wierd name.

Both shimano and quantum have very nice offerings at the entry level for baitcasters, and even BPS's own brand has a few nice reels.

Yes, Ed F took my avatar photo.

Thanks

Its a solid reel...mostly...

I had one from Walmart several years back and I think it was a lemon or someone dropped it a few times before I bought it. Anyway, it only lasted a few months until it literally fell apart! The center pin taht holds he spool broke off and fell apart during a cast. I'm sure Shimano would have replaced it, but I never bothered to try for some reason.

But when it wasn't broken, it was great!

Thanks

Well, I hope it doesn't fail like yours did. And damn, they sell it at Wal-Barf? Shit, maybe I should have researched this more before I bit on it. Oh well. Heading up to Kennebec Lake this weekend for some Pike action.

Dave
    Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics.  Even if you win, you are still retarded...

Thanks

They dont have it at every Walmart. I think I got it from the Square one location. Some Walmarts have an awful selection of fishing gear, some are decent though. The Walmarts in the USA have and INCREDIBLE selection. I went to one outside of Atlanta, GA and they must have had 4 isles of fishing gear!